Supported Independent and Outreach Living Programs
(SIL / Super SIL / SOLO)
MPA Society’s SIL(Supported Independent Living, Super SIL and SOLO (Supported Outreach Living Opportunities) Programs provide support and assistance by providing mental health supports and a housing subsidy. All three of these programs are based on the individual strengths, abilities and needs of participants which promote independent living through the provision of supports guided by the foundations of psycho-social rehabilitation.
Participants in both programs are assigned to specified mental health outreach workers when they are accepted into the program. In the SIL program, MPA staff are available Monday to Friday to meet with participants. The SuperSIL and SOLO programs provide outreach support seven days a week.
Supports and Services Offered
- Life skills training
- Recreation/leisure & social connections
- Vocational, volunteer & educational planning
- Financial planning/budgeting & money management skill building
- Support with tenancy issues & apartment searches
- Accessing community resources
- Health management and emergency intervention
Our Supported Independent Living programs strive to support participants in maintaining as high a level of independence as possible while residing in the community of their choice.